CER Series Electromagnetic Lifting Magnets
A CER magnet, pound for pound, is the least costly, but most powerful magnet available. Due to the deep penetration of the magnetic field, it is less susceptible to adverse surface conditions than any other self-contained magnet.
CER magnets are ideally suited for in-plant handling of steel plate, flat stock, castings, forgings, or machined components in all types of industrial plants, machine shops, fabricating shops and steel warehouses. Handling of loose parts such as nuts and bolts is also a popular application for the CER-16 and CER-20.
The maximum rated lift capacity is based upon lifting clean, smooth, flat, low-carbon steel plate of ample thickness with the full area of the magnet’s lifting surface in contact with the load. De-rating is required for plates with rust or scale, thin plates, and alloy steels. More detailed ratings are contained in the operators manual and safety instructions
- In-plant handling of steel plate, flat stock, castings, forgings, or machined components in all types of industrial plants, machine shops, and steel warehouses.
- Handling of loose parts, such as nuts or bolts
- High strength steel bail
- Recessed “ON-OFF-RELEASE” switch is protected against accidental operation
- Low-carbon steel body for maximum magnetic performance
- Heavy-duty, fully moisture-protected coils; 50% duty cycle
- Operating light indicates “ON” condition of magnet
- Built-in solid state rectifier permits operation from 115 volt AC outlet
- Coiled cord and twist lock adapter for quick connection to AC supply
- Mating twist lock receptacle provided for your installation convenience
|Item Number||Model||DIAMETER (inch)||HEIGHT TO HOOK (inch)||WEIGHT (lbs)||DIAMETER (metric)||HEIGHT TO HOOK (metric)||WEIGHT (kg)*||MAX CAPACITY ON ROUNDS (lbs)**||MAX CAPACITY ON PLATE (lbs)**||POWER REQUIRED AT 115/1/60 WATTS)|
|*Weights are approximate net values. Shipping weights will be higher.|
|**Max capacity tested on AISI 1020 steel. Other materials may perform at a lower max capacity and should be evaluated for a magnetic derate value.|
Sizes available from 600 to 10,500 lbs. rated lift and from 5 1/8 to 20 inches diameter. Contact factory for detailed specs and pricing.