Safety is always of high priority, especially when moving large quantities of steel where the loads are heavy, and the work is dangerous. Walker’s industrial strength magnets help move large quantities of steel with precision and efficiency. In the past, distributors relied on workers to move steel using pulleys, chains, slings, and other systems. Heavy-duty magnets offer greater control, giving a single operator the ability to move heavy objects both safely and accurately.
We help the metals industry move. For over 120 year, Walker Magnetics has grown to serve distribution centers around the globe. We offer a range of lifting magnets for moving steel around loading docks, warehouses, and other facilities. Move large quantities of magnetic materials safer, easier, and with greater efficiency using modern magnetic solutions.
Industrial Steel Distribution Magnets
This specialized industry often benefits from custom-designed magnets, built around facility needs and dimensions. Magnets are application-specific and the design must take into account the weight, size, and shape of the materials the magnets will be handling. The dimensions of the work area also impact magnet selection. For help selecting a magnet for steel distribution centers or to request a custom design, call 800-WMAGNET today.
Heavy Lift Magnets
Heavy lift magnets by Walker Magnetics move large loads with ease. Lifting magnets are used for transporting loads of any size and shape, including coils, pipes, and sheets. Our line of heavy lift magnets includes:
- Circular: The CE Series Electromagnetic Lifting Magnets are suited for indoor and outdoor use. Circular lifting magnets are crane-mounted, capable of lifting materials of any shape and size.
- Bi-polar: Bi-polar lifting magnets are electromagnetically charged to attract materials, easing the collection of loose quantities of pipe, coil, and other steel products. These magnets are mounted to a crane and can secure heavy loads.
- Spreader beam:Custom spreader beams allow for material warehousing with balanced and safe operation every time. Our team of engineers designs every component of spreader beam systems.
For operations, we offer Solid State Controls (SSC) with customizable options, compatible with all our electromagnets. For extra assurance, our battery backup system operates systems for up to 20 minutes on a single charge.
Self-Contained Lift Magnets
Our products move steel in any shape and size. For moving steel materials weighing up to 11,000 lbs, our line of self-contained life magnets includes solutions to fit any application. We help steel distribution centers around the world improve facility safety and performance with our range of self-contained industrial magnets, including:
- Permanent: Permanent lifting magnets are relatively lightweight, compact, and capable of moving steel pipes, bars, and plates. Our Neo series offers speed that safety distributors can count on.
- Battery-operated: Operate virtually anywhere with a battery-operated system from Walker Magnetics. Battery-operated magnets eliminate cords and wires, allowing heavy material movement in areas without access to power.
- Circular: Similar to our heavy-duty circular magnet, the CER Series is versatile and capable of attracting loose, plate, and formed steel. Circular magnets include a wireless remote for better ease of use.
Contact Walker Magnetics for Industrial Magnets for Steel Distribution
Let us help you maintain product quality while increasing efficiency and improving employee safety! Walker Magnetics is the world’s leading supplier for industrial-strength magnets. For heavy-duty magnets built for steel distribution centers of any size, turn to Walker Magnetics. Call us at 1-508-853-3232 now or send us a message online and speak to an associate today.