Eddy Current Separation Equipment
Separate aluminum & other non-ferrous metals from your process stream, municipal recycling facility (MRF) municipal solid waste facility (MSW), scrap residue and other recyclables with Walker’s eddy current separation equipment.
How eddy current separation works:
Eddy current separation is based on the use of a magnetic rotor with alternating polarity, spinning rapidly inside a non-metallic drum driven by a conveyor belt. As non-ferrous metals pass over the drum, the alternating magnetic field creates eddy currents in the non-ferrous metal particles repelling the material away from the conveyor. While other materials drop off at the end of the conveyor, the non-ferrous metals are propelled forward over a splitter for separation.
Walker’s eddy current separation equipment can be used to remove non-ferrous metals from municipal solid waste, auto shredding residue operations, glass cullet, electronic scrap, UBC reclamation, etc.
- Separate aluminum & other non-ferrous metals from process stream, municipal recycling facility (MRF) municipal solid waste facility (MSW), scrap residue and other recyclables.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Designed with top grade rare-earth magnet material
- 98% recovery of aluminum cans from commingled recyclables
- Stainless steel, copper, aluminum, brass from shredder residue and fluff
- Non-ferrous metal recovery in refuse streams and ash streams in Waste-to-Energy facilities
- Separation of non-ferrous chips
- Aluminum scrap recovery in foundry sand reclamation
- Rugged heavy-duty tubular construction
- Heavy-duty motors, controllers and electrical service
- Designed for reliability and efficient maintenance
- Permanent rare-earth magnetic technology offers high-strength and long life
Walker can design and manufacture complete eddy current conveyor systems or simply furnish eddy current drums or any other piece of magnetic separation equipment to meet your requirements. Complete systems can be designed into new separation facilities or incorporated into existing installations. For technical assistance, contact Walker Magnetics with your special requirements.